Is your information being leaked via email?
Email security is an important link in keeping your Company information secure and protected. While most companies look at security measures for their devices, email security gets overlooked.
There are two aspects to email security.
Secure your email flow in the backend.
- A secure email gateway offers you multiple layers of protection from malware, spyware, spam and other such unwanted and malicious threats. This also ensures controlled access to manage emails in case of an outage. Including an email encryption solution also reduces the risks associated with leakage of sensitive data and is needed for compliance with regulations.
Ensure user best practices for individual emails
- Use strong passwords with multiple Upper and lower case letters, with numbers, special characters.
- Change password often
- Use a different password for each of accounts
- Check the user email address (not just the user name) before opening attachments
- Recognize phishing and social engineering emails like below
– Threats or Urgent messages
– Requests for personal information such as passwords or bank account numbers
– Bad grammar or poor formatting
- Don’t give your email address in potentially unsecure sites or public websites.
- Don’t click the “Unsubscribe” link in a spam email. This would instead verify your email.
- Don’t send personal information in an email message.
- Don’t share passwords.
- Be sure to log out from every online website and close all browsers.